WELCOME.
Welcome to our website hope you find all you want

The difference between Profession and Occupation

The difference between Occupation and Profession in English

Profession

Requires a degree or completed studies at a university (or higher education). It involves extensive training and special knowledge.
Examples of professions are accountants, architects, doctors, engineers, lawyers, teachers.
Notice how you need a degree (higher education) to be able to work in these professions.

Occupation

The way you earn a living. It is the job you are paid to do. Think of it as the activity that “occupies” your time and from which you receive money for doing it.

In a perfect world, your profession and job are the same thing. Unfortunately there are people that have a profession but work in something completely different.

Compare the difference

I studied teaching at university and I am a teacher right now. My profession and my occupation are the same.
I studied teaching at university but now I am an actor. My profession is teacher though my occupation (or my job right now) is actor.

Summary Chart

The difference between Profession and Occupation in English.
The difference between Profession and Occupation in English.
Unknown Unknown Author
التعليقات
0 التعليقات
Comments
0 Comments

من شروط النشر: عدم الإساءة للكاتب أو للأشخاص أو للمقدسات أو مهاجمة الأديان أو الذات الإلهية، والابتعاد عن التحريض العنصري والشتائم.

LIKE US ON FACEBOOK

FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK

Popular Posts